Membership & Annual Giving ManagerCompany: Museum of the Shenandoah Valley
Date Posted: February 10, 2015
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience required.
- Five (5) years experience in Development with fundraising, prospect research and grant writing experience, preferably with museum, cultural/arts environment.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Proven track record in broadening constituencies within a cultural/nonprofit environment.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into a high-quality membership program.
- Effective people management, project management, customer service, and member relations skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge (or a similar database), and social networking required.
- Demonstrated ability to move donors to higher, consistent, and sustained giving.
- Genuine interest in museums and historic preservation is needed. Knowledge of Shenandoah Valley history strongly desired.
- Dynamic and compelling public speaking ability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and expand membership program in the Southern Shenandoah Valley region. Develop and implement revenue strategies and goals that target appropriate audiences; increase the membership base by 5% and retain 80% of existing membership at current levels or higher. This is accomplished through direct mail/email, personal outreach and meetings, phone, onsite conversions, and social media.
- Establish fundraising plan to achieve annual giving goals. Plan, develop, and execute strategies for obtaining private donations; identify, cultivate and solicit prospects.
- Develop calendar to implement fundraising plan, ensuring coordination of mail and email campaigns and annual schedules of appeals.
- Regularly analyze revenue results and suggest changes to improve return on investment; conduct an annual audit of the membership program.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of member communications and promotional materials such as renewal letters, new member solicitation materials, special appeals, board reports, monthly newsletters, and website content.
- Oversee membership acknowledgment and fulfillment procedures.
- Create and manage processes and systems for broad-based program, including gift processing and financial record keeping.
- Identify and utilize resources including volunteers, curators, directors, staff, as they relate to advancing the Museum’s goals via philanthropy
- Oversee foundation grants program
- Plan and execute membership events
- Contribute to annual report regarding development activities and donors
- Work with Development Committee of the Board in conjunction with Director of Philanthropy and Deputy Director of Community Relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, contact information for three references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.